The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Assited living for seniors with depression Helping seniors with depression, and their loved ones, learn about the benefits of assisted living, and how to choose a senior living community.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
Addiction and Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Web of Addictions
- Rehab Spot
- Addiction Group on inpatient treatment It contains valuable information such as: How to prepare to enter treatment — what you need to pack, tying up loose ends, etc., What to look for in a rehab center, How much does rehab cost
- The Most Common Co-Occurring Disorders Thousands of people find themselves in need of addiction treatment. Many of them have underlying issues that would put them in the category of having a co-occurring disorder. Learn more about these mental health disorders and how they contribute to a dual diagnosis.
- Cell Phone Addiction: What are the signs and symptoms? Common signs of cell phone addiction, risks, and steps that can help.
- Addictionguide.com An educational guide to addiction and recovery, founded by recovering addicts and board-certified addiction specialists.
- Addictiongroup.org When is an intervention necessary? Meetings & support groups for addiction. Costs and insurance coverage for inpatient rehab. How is mental health treatment different from substance use treatment?
- The Victim of a Created Crisis — Left Behind An article regarding the dangers of prescription opioid addiction.
- Map of Addiction Treatment Centers A list of all addiction treatment centers located in the United States and displayed in a map format.
- Recoveryfirststep.com Guide to rehab and recovery related information.
- Discoverynj.org A resource on finding residential drug and akcohol treatment in New Jersey.
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
- Drugalert.org is a comprehensive database with information and news alerts about potentially dangerous drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.
- Drugdangers.com To help keep the public educated and informed of defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are currently available on the market today.
Grants and Financial Assistance
- Freegrantsforfelons.org A website that helps ex felons with finding free grants. These grants help ex felons with housing, rent, utility bills, medical bills, college and medications.
- Singlemothersgrants.org Directory of grants for single mothers.
- Freegrantsforveterans.org Directory of grants for veterans.
- Resumebuilder.com A comprehensive resume and career guide for people with disabilities.
- Mymove.comResource on the best way to donate clothing. Infographic on Deciding When to Donate. List of Charities that Accept Clothing. Acceptable Donations and How to Drop Off/Pick Up.
- Intelligent.com Expert Guides on How to Study for College.
- NVisioncenters.com A guide on various mental health challenges that come with having vision impairment including causes, treatment, and resource for those struggling to find help.
- Resume.io A resource on helping those with disabilities avoid discrimination when searching for a job.